Become A Volunteer
The children who live in our children homes are referred by the Social Agency through assessment by government social workers. They come from troubled backgrounds; broken families, victims of neglect and abuse, and some are orphans.
As a Peduli Anak volunteer, you have the unique opportunity to work in a complete different culture alongsisde our local staff in our homes or school. You will assist our staff in the day-to-day running of the foundation and school.
We have strong preference in volunteers who can really make difference and add value to our services such as giving training or workshop to our local staff, teaching assistant in our primary school and kindergarten, or technical help in facilities and building maintenance.
We do not accept volunteers in care-giving roles as this is already taken care of by our local counselors and it is also to prevent bonding between children and temporary volunteers.
• Able to speak English and/or Indonesian
• 18 years or older (except children with accompanying adults or school volunteers)
• References with contact information (min. 2)
• A Certificate of Good Behavior from authorized authorities (for applicants without reference contacts)
• Willing to abide by Peduli Anak Protocols and Child Protection Policy
• Willing to understand and respect the local culture
• Must love children
• Enthusiastic, honest, hard-working, flexible, creative, and committed
If you think you meet the requirements and have the skills we need, email us for more details.