Peduli Anak Foundation needs you! Volunteers are an essential part of our organization. Skilled volunteers are needed in the fields of social work, education, psychology, health care, and gardening.
All volunteers must apply and follow our application process before joining our volunteer program.
The children who live in our children’s homes are referred by the Social Agency through assessment by the government’s social workers. They come from troubled backgrounds; broken families, victims of neglect and abuse, and some are orphans. We are running 14 children homes in our Lombok center. Each house consists of a foster mother and maximum 10 children of different ages.
As a Peduli Anak volunteer, you have the unique opportunity to work in a completely different culture alongside our local staff in our homes or schools. You will assist our staff in the day-to-day running of the foundation and schools.
We have a strong preference for volunteers who can really make a difference and add value to our services such as giving training or workshop to our caregivers and teachers.
• Able to speak English (Indonesian is not necessary but it’s a great plus)
• 21 years or older (except children with accompanying adults or student volunteers)
• References with contact information (min. 2)
• A Certificate of Good Behavior from authorized authorities (for applicants without reference contacts)
• Willing to abide by Peduli Anak Protocols and Child Protection Policy
• Willing to understand and respect the local culture
• Must love children
• Enthusiastic, honest, hard-working, flexible, creative, and committed
If you think you meet the requirements and have the skills we need, email us for more details.
(We do not accept volunteers in caregiving roles as this is already taken care of by our local staff and it is also to prevent bonding between children and temporary volunteers.)